M54122 Line Powered Water Meter Overview
The H2O Degree M54122 Line Powered Water Meter monitors and records water consumption for tenant billing and leak detection principally in the multi-family housing industry.
The M54122 Line Powered Water Meter can be used for either new or retrofit projects and is used for POE (Point-Of-Entry) installation.
Point-Of-Entry (POE) – water enters each apartment at one location. Typically there is a shut off valve or two (hot and cold) at that location.
– POE 3/4” Shark Bite (PL1000-SB-06)
– POE 3/4” ProPress (PL1000-PX-06)
– POE 3/4” Uponor (PL1000-UP-06)
– POE 3/4” CPVC (PL1000-CPVC-06)
M54122 Line Powered Water Meter
- The H2O Degree M54122 water meter is a line powered device that communicates
wirelessly on a 2.4 GHz network.
- The M54122 provides a radio interface to remotely monitor and collect water consumption data from a flow sensor.
- TheM54122 collects and records five registers:
– Gallons – Water temperature
– Number of events (event is defined – Heat units (calculated as Therms) as each time water starts and then – Time water was flowing in minutes stops flowing)
All of the registers except temperature are cumulative or ever increasing registers. Even if the radio cannot transmit data, the water meter continues to record data.
- M54122 is compatible with the H2O Degree secure wireless 2.4 GHz mesh
network. The meter simultaneously acts as a mesh transceiver for the wireless network, enhancing the mesh network.
- By using a magnet, the installer can force a radio transmission and receive a LED sequence feedback on radio connectivity in real-time for ease and
- Type of packet data reported:
– Data Packet Consumption (60 minute interval default.)
– Health Packet (120 minute interval default.)
- Non-volatile memory maintains last reading in the event of a power failure.
- Accuracy +/- 1.5 percent. (Meets AWWA C708 Standards).
- Operating Temperature 0 to 150 Degrees F.
- Flow 0.26-7.9 gpm.
- M54122 Approvals:
– NSF-61-G Certified
– Meets AWWA C708 Standards
– MA Board of Plumbers Approved Cert. # P1-0918-94
– US Complies with FCC CFR Part 15
– European RADIO EN 300 328:v1.7.1
– European EMC EN 301 489-17:V2.1.1
– European SAFETY EN 60950-1:2005 (Ed. 2.0)
– WRAS Approved
– NSF 372-2011
– Certification standard ASME A112.4.7-2002
- Five year warranty.
M54122 Ordering Information
Line Powered Water Meter – Point-of-Entry (8 gpm) (requires a hose & flow sensor)
120 VAC to 4.5 VDC Wall Plug 1 Amp power supply
24 VAC to 4.0 VDC Slip-In 250 mA power supply
120-240 VAC to 4.5 – 5 VDC power supply
Point-Of-Entry braided hose assembly (3/4”) & flow sensor
Point-Of-Entry PEX 3/4” hose assembly with 6” inlet hose & flow sensor
Point-Of-Entry Uponor 3/4” hose assembly
Point-Of-Entry CPVC 3/4” hose assembly & flow sensor