The H2O Degree HCV0104 Wireless Radiator Actuator is a valve that mounts directly onto radiator valve bodies where it controls the room temperature, based on signals from the HCB0104 Thermostat Radiator Bridge. It is radio-controlled and powered by energy harvesting, so neither requires any cabling work nor does it consume batteries. It is designed for maintenance-free operation. The wireless design makes the unit ideal for retrofit installation and cost-sensitive projects where cabling cost is prohibitive.
The HCV0104 Wireless Radiator Actuator contains a thermoelectric harvesting module and integral energy storage. Beyond this, it contains an electro-mechanical valve actuator, a radio module and a microcontroller that makes all parts of the system work together.
The actuator is equipped with a number of hard- and software functions that not only allow remote management and commissioning, but also features unique status and monitoring capabilities.
HCV0104 Wireless Radiator Actuator
- The H2O Degree HCV0104 radiator actuator interfaces directly to the HCB0104 Thermostat Radiator Bridge.
- Radio transmission range typically 30m line-of-sight (Ranges are dependent upon both distance between transmitter and receiver as well as building materials in a specific building. Contact H2O Degree for a site evaluation.
- The HCV0104 actuator requires no external power and generates and stores energy for self-powering via a internal thermoelectric generator. No battery required.
- Device contains a thermoelectric harvesting module and integral energy storage. It also contains an electromechanical valve actuator, a radio module and microcontroller
that makes all parts of the system work together.
• Actuator is equipped with a number of hard- and software functions that not only allow
remote management and comissioning but also features unique status and monitoring
• Device offers a debug- and deployment-friendly radio communication interval of 10
seconds for the first 10 minutes following its initial activation.
• Device operates with EnOcean standard EEP A5-20-01 (4BS) in either valve position or
set temperature mode.
• In the event of radio failure (6 attempts) the internal temperature controller is activated
and the radiator is regulated to a preset temperature. A change of the radio interval
does not take place. The drive goes into normal operation as soon as the radio
communication is restored.
• The metallic part of the unit’s housing serves as a heat sink.
• The thermostatic radiator valve is designed for indoor installation only, away from wet
• The self-powered thermostatic radiator valve is suitable solely for controlling water-filled
• Five year warranty.
Thermostat Radio Bridge to Wireless Radiator Actuator