M5413x/M5414x Line Powered BTU Meters Overview
The H2O Degree M5413x/M5414x Line Powered BTU Meter is a BTU meter and flow sensor that monitors and records two temperatures, the temperature difference and the flow rate in order to determine BTU consumption.
The M5413x/M5414x Line Powered BTU Meters can operate as part of a radio network or stand alone. In stand alone mode there are two pulse outputs. The two dry contact pulse outputs are: one for positive (heating) and one for
negative (cooling) therms.
– New or retrofit installation (M5413x)
– Fan Coils – Water type hot, chilled or both (M5413x)
– Hydronic baseboard fin tube heating (M5413x)
– Water source heat pumjp (M5414x)
- All BTU kits include BTU meter w/pulse output, flow sensor, CA1015 cable flow sensor to BTU meter, RTD1003 outlet temperature sensor, CA1016 cable temp sensor to BTU meter and CA1006 24 VAC power cable
- BTU kits do not include a 24 VAC power supply. Order PS1005 for a 120 VAC wall plug to 24 VAC power supply.
- BTU kits do not include a brass female TEE with a 1/2” female port for the RTD1003 outlet temperature sensor.
- BTU kits do not include any hoses or plumbing connectors.
M5413x/M5414x Line Powered BTU Meters
- The M5413x/M5414x Line Powered BTU Meter is an economical wireless BTU meter and flow sensor that is highly accurate.
- The M5413x/M5414x Line Powered BTU MeterM5413x/M5414x Line Powered BTU Meter
provides a radio interface to remotely collect BTU consumption by measuring inlet temperature, outlet temperature and flow rate. A BTU is defined as the amount of energy used to raise the temperature of one pound of water by one degree Fahrenheit.
- Both the inlet temperature and outlet temperature is measured using a PT1000 thermistor. The difference between the two values is computed using a microprocessor.
- Water flow is measured using a vortex flow sensor with no moving parts.
- Radio is compatible with the H2O Degree secure wireless 2.4 GHz mesh network.
- By using a magnet, the installer can force a radio transmission and receive a LED sequence feedback on radio connectivity in real-time for ease and validation of commissioning.
- Type of packet reported:
– Data Packet (60 minute interval default).
– Health Packet (120 minute interval default).
- Non-volatile memory maintains last reading in the event of a power failure.
- Input Voltage 24 Volt AC. Current input 45 mA typical, 250 mA maximum.
- Operating temperature 32 Degrees F to 86 Degrees F.
- Flow Rates:
– V1000 – 0.5-10 gpm 1/2”
– V1001 – 2-40 gpm 1”
– V1002 – 1.3-21 gpm 3/4”
- Pulse output: PA1 pulse output – Positive (heating) therms, PA2 pulse output – Negative (cooling) therms.
- M5413x/M5414x Line Powered BTU Meter
– US Complies with FCC CFR Part 15
– European RADIO EN 300 328:v1.7.1
– European EMC EN 301 489-17:V2.1.1
– European SAFETY EN 60950-1:2005 (Ed. 2.0)
- Five year warranty.
M5413x/M5414x Line Powered BTU Meter Ordering Information
* See Notes above regarding BTU Meter Kit
BTU meter kit with V1000 1/2” flow sensor
BTU meter kit with V1001 1” flow sensor
BTU meter kit with V1002 3/4” flow sensor
BTU meter kit with V1000 1/2” flow sensor for monitoring water source heat pumps
BTU meter kit with V1001 1” flow sensor for monitoring water source heat pumps
BTU meter kit with V1002 3/4” flow sensor for monitoring water source heat pumps
120 VAC to 24 VAC Wall Plug power supply (required)