M54120 Battery Powered Water Meter Overview
The H2O Degree M54120 Battery Powered Water Meter monitors and records water consumption for tenant billing and leak detection principally in the multi-family housing industry.
The meter not only monitors usage in gallons, it also records the number of events (such as every time a toilet flushes), duration of events in gallons and time along with temperature. This provides highly accurate leak detection for the entire apartment down to individual appliances such as toilets and showers. H2O Degree can provide a daily automated leak detection report to its clients.
Point-Of-Entry (POE) – Water enters each apartment at one location, typically before the hot water heater in the utility closet. One meter per apartment.
Point-Of-Use (POU) – Riser pipe configuration, multiple points entering the apartment, feeding each toilet, sink, shower, etc. Multiple meters per apartment.
M54120 Battery Powered Water Meter Applications:
– Main feed hot or cold water
– Clothes washer
– Sink with or without dishwasher
M54120 Battery Powered Water Meter
- The H2O Degree M54120 water meter is a battery powered device that
communicates wirelessly on a 2.4 GHz mesh network.
- The device provides a radio interface to remotely monitor and collect water
consumption data from a flow sensor.
- The M54120 collects and records six registers:
– Gallons – Number of events (event is defined as
– Time water was flowing in minutes each time water starts and
– Water temperature then stops flowing)
– Heat units (calculated as Therms) – Battery Voltage
All of the registers except temperature are cumulative or ever increasing registers.
- Even if the radio cannot transmit data, the water meter continues to record data.
- Radio is compatible with the H2O Degree secure wireless 2.4 GHz mesh network.
- By using a magnet, the installer can force a radio transmission and receive a LED sequence feedback on radio connectivity in real-time for ease/validation of commissioning.
- Type of packet data reported: Data Packet Consumption (60 minute interval default).
- Non-volatile memory maintains last reading in the event of a power failure.
- The M54120 battery has a five year warranty and can be replaced by the property’s
- Accuracy +/- 1.5 percent. (Meets AWWA C708 Standards).
- Operating Temperature 0 to 150 Degrees F.
- Flow 0.26-7.9 gpm.
- M54120 Approvals:
– NSF-61-G Certified
– Meets AWWA C708 Standards
– MA Board of Plumbers Approved Cert. # P1-0918-94
– US Complies with FCC CFR Part 15
– European RADIO EN 300 328:v1.7.1
– European EMC EN 301 489-17:V2.1.1
– European SAFETY EN 60950-1:2005 (Ed. 2.0)
– WRAS Approved
– NSF 372-2011
– Certification standard ASME A112.4.7-2002
- Five year warranty.
M54120 Ordering Information
Battery Powered Water Meter – Point-of-Entry or Point-of-Use (8 gpm) (requires a hose & flow sensor)
Point-Of-Entry braided hose assembly (3/4”) & flow sensor
Toilet supply hose & flow sensor (12”)
Sink supply hose & flow sensor
Shower hose assembly & flow sensor
Washing machine hose assembly & flow sensor
Tub & shower braided supply line hose (1/2”) & flow sensor